Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Momma's letters

My Dear Linda & Family
Finally read THE STUFF thank you not to old to figure it out was going out Cheryl's house have to call again just called Cheryl she
worked until 8pm last night she just awoke going back until 3pm I will see her then they all enjoyed Christina,s party said was
lovely we all had a lovely time Makie her boyfriend is quiet everyone likes him she has known him for over a year not crude or noisy he went school in Rhode Island a pllumber by trade.

Caitlin was to show me how to find your letter she never did and thank god I found it Christie and Makie by plane Saturday to board a ship
in Portica Rica south America and Islands on east side she had been last year to Jamaica and other Islands .

Enjoyed your long message good long one this is all new to me same old mess I get in Christina's party very nice Chris made pizza
10 pounds of flour his friend mr curtis he went school with i came up with his parents his second wife is American and has three children
she works in Hamilton i had met her Daughter on beach last Summer. Mr Curtis was Chri's Freind they walk together

Cheryl said how good Christina was a friend of Jaihan,s they went to Bda College for Maths Cherys said how she helped her daughter in Maths
she can be good to me she helped with the yard she does good when she wants to she is forgetfull Catelin annoys me Chris said she
does not know what to say to me she has seen me age in front of her and slow down impatient will try another tact more then one way to skin a cat here goes Maurice again .

The lady standing at door of The St. George's Society is Lillian Hayward she did the new Births in St.George,s Babies Canon the old Minister at St Peter's knew the secrets of St George's Parish he married Miss Hayward late in life she was a founder of the Society in early 19twenties do believe have been there five years the grass gets cut I peddle on best I can they all have been good to me we all get along will give message to them have two tomato plants with flowers. I have my own mind as you know it gets me in trouble, when Gene shouted to You sounded like
Dada it still goes back will the day ever come when peace is there
has been times when was free I know there is more for me.


hang in as long as I can I have your messages you sent will pass along Mrs Esdaille likes your messages.

Hang in there with Gene Amanda Max and Lady Takes a long time to understand Family and Friends Patience and understanding
about money in better control not that unsecure any more do not turn the Button hope to see Cheryl this afternoon she is off
Today,Tue & Wed will get back some times. she loves her job Laverne and rest have order dumpster to empty the house.. t would make a lovely Rest Home for Seniors. They do what has to be done we have to do our best.
Love you all miss you all Have to be content loving and kind to all.. Thank you Linda Love you allways Mama Grannie
Maricheaux having my Lunch Shower and head for Bus to Wellington.
From: starlite2012@hotmail.com
To: bdaonion1923@hotmail.com
Subject: stuff
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 22:15:38 -0400


Dear Momma,
Thanks for your nice letter I am so happy that you were able to see the pictures. I didn't know that they would be arranged so nice and I am happy that you were happy to see them. Even tho I am not there I miss the old Bermuda. I see Paula Cox is Premier now, wonder how things will go, will the new broom sweep clean or leave the same old dust in the corners hehehe. Best thing she could do in her early days is send those detainees back to Cuba, they have no jobs anyway so who is providing their room and board. Must be the tax payer as usual.

Don't worry about who is Premier, they are all for themselves white or black, PLP or UBP but I think the UBP is done for. They haven't been in charge for many years now. I miss the old Bermuda because you knew where you were in society. Now everything is all jumbled up and nothing is run right. There were nice coloured people who went to church and led decent lives, then there were the not-so nice coloured/black ones who lived completely different and lived in different places and we rarely mixed. Then there were the white folks who ran things and that is alright. Somebody has to lead and the devil you know is always better than the one you don't.

You and those of your generation are the last ones who lived the old way where we knew our place. I had it when I was young and I guess moving to the US to a state where there are a lot of people who look like me, it was easy just to drift along with the tide. Now it is Amanda's and Max's world and I do the best I can.

Please don't worry about that operation it is for my own good and I have to get this weight off me and this will help. I was not meant to be this fat and I hope this time next year I will look a lot different and feel a whole lot better. You will do OK as long as you get out and see people, get on the bus the way you are used to, and do the things during the week. In that lot of pictures was a lady standing in front of the Historical Society. I wanted to try and send that one to the Historical Society but they have no email. People lived at home there and it goes back to the 1700's.

I miss all the history, there is no history here, at least I don't see any. In Boston they have some old buildings but a lot of things are getting torn down for ugly new buildings like that John Swan place in town. I guess the hurricane didn't knock it down so sorry. You have a little tropical storm coming your way, hopefuully you will get some rain from it for the tanks.

well have rambled on enough, tomorrow I have to work, well can only do what I can but I am like you I need that little bit of change it makes a difference. On Wednesday my gov't check came in and I was able to pick up sme things I needed like hair stuff, mouthwash etc that I had run out of.
take care Moma and you know I love you, my love to Chat and Chew, Bible study and Historical Socxiety folks xxxx Linda

No comments: